HOW TO MAKE IT
- Defrost the Doux chicken for 4 hours.
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces.
- Cut the potatoes into medium cubes. Finely chop the onions and peel and dice the tomatoes.
- Put water and chicken pieces in a large pot, bring to boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from stock and set aside (reserve the stock). In a large stove, heat vegetable oil and fry the cooked chicken pieces from all sides until they become golden colour. Remove chicken and set it aside again. In the same stove cook potatoes for 3 minutes then add onion and cook until onions become golden colour.
- Add spices, tomatoes, tomato paste and MAGGI chicken Stock cubes. Stir for 2 minutes. Add the reserved stock to the stove; the stock should be around 1750ml. Add more water if stock is not enough. Add rice and the fried chicken; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes
|20 mn||60 mn||Serves 8|
2 liters water
1 Doux chicken
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium potatoes,2 medium onions
½ teaspoon ground:
cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, coriander
2 medium tomatoes
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cubes MAGGI Chicken Stock
Pinch of salt
800 g basmati rice